I believe that many users of ball mills have heard of or experienced full milling with ball mills, but do you know why this situation occurs in ball mills? In this article, Xiangjian Machinery has come to reveal the answer for you.
Full grinding is also called dull grinding and full grinding. This is an abnormal grinding state, which should not occur under normal operation of the ball mill. Its manifestations are mainly dull sound, reduced current, reduced output, and raw materials for grate seams. Clogging, a large amount of raw materials adhere to the grinding body and the liner.
The full grinding situation of the ball mill is very harmful to the production of the equipment. The specific manifestation is that the inlet pressure increases and the output volume decreases. In severe cases, it may even not discharge, which seriously affects the production efficiency of the equipment.
What is the reason for the full grinding of the ball mill? There are many reasons that cause the equipment to appear at full wear, mainly including the following points.
1. Too much feed causes the grinding capacity of the grinding body to be unable to adapt.
2. When the particle size of the material becomes larger and the grindability becomes worse, the feeding is not reduced in time.
3. Excessive water content of the material and poor ventilation will cause the material to adhere to the surface of the steel ball and the liner, block the gap between the silo board and the grate board, and make it difficult to discharge the material and cause full grinding. “Saturation” caused by this reason is more common.
4. Iron filings and debris: block the grate seam of the partition board.
5. Warehouse: The average ball diameter of the steel balls in the first warehouse is too small, the filling rate is too low, or too much lower than the second warehouse; the partition board is partially broken or perforated, causing the grinding body to move into the warehouse.
6. Grinding capacity cannot be adapted: The powder selection efficiency of the classifier is reduced, and the amount of return material is too much, and the grinding capacity of the ball mill cannot be adapted.
How to solve this situation? Experts give the following three suggestions.
1. Reduce or stop feeding, strengthen ventilation, and let the mill run with little or no material.
2. Increase the heat to make the moisture of the material evaporate as soon as possible, and make the material fall.
3. If the phenomenon of full grinding is more serious, you can use the method of back grinding, pour out the ball and material, and clean it again.
Post time: Nov-08-2021